Health Warranty and Purchase Agreement
THIS AGREEMENT is made by and between Blackbird Labradoodles (hereafter known as "Seller") and ____________________________________________ (hereafter known as “Buyer”) on __________________, 20____.
IT IS HEREBY AGREED between the Seller and the Buyer that the dog sold pursuant to the terms of this agreement is described as follows:
Puppy Name: ____________________ Breed: Australian Labradoodle
Microchip: _______________________ Color: _____________________________
DOB: ___________________________ Gender: ___________________________
Sire: ____________________________ Dam: ______________________________
- The Seller guarantees the puppy is in good health, has had age appropriate immunizations, has been dewormed, and spayed or neutered at the time the Buyer takes possession. The Buyer has three business days to take the puppy to a veterinarian for an examination. If the puppy is found to be in poor health the Buyer has the option of returning the puppy to the Seller, at Buyer’s cost, for a full refund, or keeping the puppy, and the Seller will reimburse for all veterinary costs, up to the purchase price of the puppy, related to treatment of any pre-existing condition. The Buyer will provide a written statement from a licensed veterinarian clearly stating defect or illness. If the puppy is not taken to a licensed Veterinarian within the three business days, the Health Warranty is void.
- The Seller provides this warranty for two years after the date of sale against any debilitating congenital defects. In the event the puppy exhibits symptoms of a suspected debilitating congenital defect, the Buyer must supply any requested veterinary records to the Seller within seven days of informing the Seller of the defect. The Seller has the right to require a second opinion from a veterinarian of the Seller’s choice at the Seller’s expense. If the puppy is euthanized or in any way disposed of, without a second opinion from the Seller’s veterinarian, the Buyer waives all rights to a replacement puppy or any financial payment as compensation.
- This warranty does not include viral illnesses, infections, improper bites, hernias, hypoglycemia, Guardia or Coccidosis. It also does not include any illness due to the ingestion of foreign objects, food, chemicals or physical injury.
- If it is determined the puppy does have a genetic disorder that is identified within two years of purchase, the Buyer has the option of either a replacement puppy from the next available litter or reimbursement of all veterinary expenses related to the illness (up to the purchase price of the puppy). Your puppy need not be returned to us. Shipping fees will not be refunded, and if it becomes necessary to ship a replacement puppy, those fees are to be paid by the Buyer.
- If the puppy should die from a suspected congenital defect within the 24 months of its date of purchase, an autopsy must be performed at the seller’s expense by a licensed veterinarian acceptable to the Seller’s own veterinarian. If the autopsy shows a congenital defect as the reason for the death, the Seller will provide another puppy of equal value to the Buyer. A written statement from the veterinarian must be provided. This warranty is void in the event of an indeterminable or inconclusive diagnosis.
- The Seller agrees to provide a pedigree and number of the microchip that has been implanted in the puppy.
- No warranties or guarantees, expressed or implied, are made under this contract except as stated.
- This warranty is non-transferable.
- The Buyer agrees to pay the Seller a total sum of $ ______________ for the purchase of the puppy. After the dog leaves the Seller, the risk of loss or injury to the above animal is on the Buyer at all times.
- The Buyer agrees that their Australian Labradoodle will be housed indoors.
- The Buyer agrees to feed their Australian Labradoodle only a premium quality food and to keep their Australian Labradoodle at a healthy weight.
- The Buyer agrees to make and keep annual veterinary appointments, keep all immunizations current according to the guidelines of the American Veterinary Medical Association, and properly administer heartworm preventative medication.
- The Buyer agrees to provide basic obedience training with their Australian Labradoodle puppy within the first year of owning their dog.
- The Buyer agrees to postpone strenuous, repetitive exercise until after their Australian Labradoodle is over one year of age.
- The Buyer agrees to contact the Seller immediately if the Buyer determines they are unable to keep their Australian Labradoodle for any reason. The Buyer and Seller will determine how the dog will be rehomed.
- The Buyer agrees to never place the Australian Labradoodle in a shelter, pound or similar facility or research laboratory.
Name: __________________________________ Phone Number: ___________